These oatmeal blueberry waffles are served with a simple blueberry fruit sauce. They’re a healthy way to start your day.
For the Waffles
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk (almond, coconut, soy, dairy)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener (honey, agave, maple)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup blueberries
For the Blueberry Fruit Sauce
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Heat waffle iron to med-high and grease with cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook until done.
Blueberry Fruit Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir and cook until blueberries break down and sauce reduces and thickens.
-1 tablespoon does not make a very sweet waffle so increase amounts as desired.
-For a thicker fruit sauce, add a tablespoon of cornstarch while sauce cooks.